Thursday, January 8, 2015

Hello 2015!

Hi there and Happy 2015!  Sorry this post is a bit late but 2015 already seems to be flying by!  It was a busy start to the new year with me trying to be proactive in setting new goals for my business as well as looking for some fresh inspiration for my art!  And in the midst of everything, I caught the flu, which put me a bit behind on work (but hopefully that means I got the whole being sick part of my year out of the way already).

Anyways, I thought I would start the year off by sharing a few things that are inspiring me as of lately!

The start to my inspiration board for 2015

1.  John James Audubon.  I'm sure many of you are familiar with Audubon, ornithologist (studier of birds), painter extraordinaire, and creator of the Birds of America book.  One of my favorite paintings of his is the American Flamingo, shown above.  I never tire of looking at his work. Never.

2.  Charles Burchfield, a brilliant painter and watercolor artist who I have just recently discovered.  His work is whimsical, even somewhat mystic, and quite impressive.  As a watercolor artist myself, I am pretty much in awe of his work and cannot seem to get enough of it!

Spring Thunderstorm by Charles Burchfield

3.  My brand new bird book that my awesome brother gave me for Christmas, The Crossley ID Guide- Eastern Birds.  It is a beautifully illustrated book of North American birds and has already inspired me with my latest painting:



My work in progress of the Western Meadowlark

4.  Show Your Work.  I've only just started this book and so far it has not disappointed.  A read that I would thus far highly recommend to other artists!


5.  The song, Waiting on June, by Holly Williams.  It is so beautiful and makes me cry almost every time I hear it.  I'm not sure yet how it is going to play a role in my art-making, but I'm sure it will when the timing is right.  If you haven't heard this song yet, I would recommend that you take a few minutes to listen to it (you won't regret it).

So there is my little rambling of things I am currently obsessed with.  What are your current interests and inspirations?

Cheers,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment