Thursday, December 18, 2014

Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award (aka a "major award")


Hello!  There is a tag circulating around called the "Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award," and yesterday I was nominated by Helen from Helly's Blogs.  I'm really honored that someone would think enough of my humble little blog to recognize it in this way.  So thank you, Helen, for nominating me!

The Rules:
1.  Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
2.  Answer the ten questions that have been sent to you
3.  Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
4.  Nominate ten people
5. Have Fun

Here are my answers to the questions Helen asked me:
1.  What is your favorite season? SUMMER
2.  Tomato or Brown Sauce? Tomato
3.  What is your favorite beauty product?  I live by Burt's Bee or Moon River Soap chapstick
4.  Favorite film right now? White Christmas, it's such a fun film (and I'm really into Rosemary Clooney's music right now)!
5.  What is your new years resolution?  To tone up for my upcoming wedding!  Fingers crossed I can stick to my workout routine!
6.  What are your thoughts on Keith Lemmon?  Who?  I'm really not up on popular culture...
7.  Do you believe in love at first sight?  No, it took me some time to warm up to my now fiance :)
8.  Favorite color and why?  Blue, probably because my eyes are blue but I also find it to be such a calming color.
9.  What are your parents called?  Mom and Dad
10.  One item in your bedroom you couldn't live without?  My dog chillin' on the bed with me :)

Here are my nominees, all wonderful ladies who have outstanding blogs:
Kendra, Open Spaces
Lo, Love, Lo
Jennifer, Apartment Wife
Kim, 2justbyou
Teena, Serendipitini
Kate, Art Hound

And here are the questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday song?
2.  Have you ever danced in the rain?
3.  What is your favorite animal and why?
4.  What is something that always cheers you up?
5.  Is a picture really worth a thousand words?
6.  What is your favorite holiday?
7.  Do you have any pets?
8.  What is your dream vacation?
9.  Are you left or right handed?
10.  Do you prefer abstract art or representational (realistic) art?

That's it!  Thanks sister bloggers of the world for your continuous support and inspiration :)

Jennifer

12 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the nomination - greatly appreciated *blushes a little* however I've never been one to participate in these things! That said, being curious by nature, I obviously had to read your blog post and ... CONGRATS on the upcoming knot-tying! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer! Congratulations on your award and your upcoming wedding! So happy for you! That's very exciting! I had two dogs and they would jump in the bed with me too. They would take up the left side and I would sleep on the right. HaHaHa Do you know I still sleep on the right and hardly move? I guess its just instinct. I love classic movies too. They're better than the new movies. Thank you for nominating me. Such a honor. I just followed you on bloglovin. So I'll be following your posts too. I really try to establish friendships with my readers, so I appreciate your comments on my blog. I've been sick with a cold, so I'm just getting around to comments. I hope you received your benefit "blushes". Talk to you soon. Have a great week.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, thanks for checking out my blog! And thanks for the congrats on my wedding, it's in June but time is just flying by so fast I feel like it'll be June before we know it! It sounds like we have a lot in common, I barely move when I sleep, too, haha. And there is something about classic movies that I just love as well. I hope you feel better soon! I haven't received the blushes set yet, but I'll let you know as soon as I do (I'm really excited about it)! Thanks again for stopping by and keep in touch! Jennifer

      Delete
    2. That's weird. I sent them priority USPS. Keep me posted Jennifer. If not, I'll purchase a set for you by eBay. Let me know by Friday, if you haven't received them.
      http://www.averysweetblog.com/

      Delete
    3. Hi Kim, that is strange. Do you have a tracking number so we can see where it is? I would hate for you to purchase another set on my behalf, so I'll keep you posted and hopefully it'll come soon. Thanks :)

      Delete
    4. I just looked for my receipt and can't find it. It shouldn't have taken all this time. So sorry. If you don't get it by Saturday, leave a note on this post (and I will do the same). I will purchase one on eBay and send it to you. Thanks for keeping me posted.
      http://www.averysweetblog.com/

      Delete
    5. Hey Jennifer! Did it come? Let me know if it did or not.

      Delete
    6. Hi Kim,
      Sorry for not getting back to you yet. It has not come yet, but we have been out of town the last few days, so I'm not sure if it came while we have been gone. We will be back tomorrow, so I will let you know if it came in the meantime (fingers crossed)! Thanks so much for checking in about it.

      Delete
    7. Hi Kim,
      It finally came!! Thanks so much, I love it!

      Delete
  3. upcoming wedding? so exciting! hope you'll post more about it :) and thanks again for the nomination!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, thanks for stopping by! I'm getting married in June, so plenty of time to do some posts about it :) You're very welcome and take care, Jennifer

      Delete