Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Eastern Bluebird

I had so much fun painting my latest watercolor bird, the Eastern Bluebird, so I thought I would share a few pictures of my progress on it.  The Eastern Bluebird is the official state bird for Missouri and New York, and isn't such as pretty little bird?!  I have always loved bluebirds and they pop up in my drawing journals often, so I thought it was about time I did a real painting of one.  Here's how it turned out:

The start of the painting process, I always like to start with the bird's head.

Putting the finishing touches on this birdie and doing what I love :)

The completed painting!

In case you were wondering, prints of this bird are for sale at my Etsy Store and Official Website!  Here's a picture of what the print looks like close up:


I hope you enjoyed taking a look at my work, comments are always welcomed and appreciated :)

Have a lovely evening!
Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. such a gorgeous drawing. you're lucky to be so talented :) oh, and i love that mug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer, that is very kind of you to say! And that mug is one of my favorites, too :)

      Delete
  2. Hello! awesome blog! - I've tagged you to do The Sisterhood of the world Blogger Award :) I hope you get a chance to do it :) http://hellyjk.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/hey-guys-ive-been-nominated-for.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog and for tagging me, I'll get working on it now!

      Delete